Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Bicycle Dress

I love bicycles.

When we were in Italy, I could not resist taking photos of the wheeled beauties propped up against the charming old walls and trees of the towns we visited.

Biking is one of the most efficient ways to travel about locally in Europe and I had a blast shutter-bugging while walking around!

One day we stopped to have a cappuccino in a Lake Garda café and providence called to say thank you for noticing Italy's beautiful bikes because our caffeinated bliss was served in these fanciful little mugs..I just had to bring one home!



Fast forward nine months to this week. I’m strolling around Anthropologie with younger daughter and I spot this little lovely. I left without it but could not stop thinking about it…. I even “stalked” it on anthropologie.com that night.

So, the next day I raided my 2011 piggy can, go back to the store and I take this bicycle-clad treasure home. I love the vintage-like feel of this dress and, BONUS, it has pockets and detachable straps. I’m thinking of pairing it with a little denim jacket or a knitted shrug in blue…maybe orange…I don't know, I can’t decide. Sigh.

I was meant to have this dress.

Close up of bicycle detail.

You can read about the history of the bicycle here.

5 comments:

The Baby Boomer said...

Love the photos and the dress

Diann said...

That is an adorable dress! And would look great with either the jacket or shrug!

Huyen said...

such a cute dress! i love dresses from anthropologie.

KnitOne, PearlOnion said...

Thanks all! Can't wait to wear this dress!

Anonymous said...

I love bicycles too...especially the ones in these pictures you posted...love the pictures..and the cappuccino too..