Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Shoulder Capelet

I am busy making a capelet that I plan to embellish with a bunch of fun stuff.

During the Spring, Foodie and I visited loop, a yarn store on South Street in Philadelphia. While there, we saw this lovely little capelet on display and we both decided to give it whirl. Foodie has made two (2)...I have a quarter of one done (1/4).

As I have said before, I am a slow, but neat knitter.

This caplet, that the instructions call a "Shoulder Cozy," is made using 13" circular needles, 2 skeins of Rowan Summer Tweed, and 1 skein of Rowan Kidsilk Haze, a lace-weight mohair yarn. The pattern is available on ravelry.com here.
 
This Churchmouse Classics pattern is very versatile and can also be worn as an infinity scarf or pleated around your neck and clasped with a pretty pin.  It is all garter stitch but garter stitch worked in the round requires that you to alternate knit and purl rows to achieve the distinctive ridges.  I was afraid I would forget if I was on a knit or purl row but a quick look at the stitches is a gentle reminder…

…when on a knit row, your stitches look like those on the left; the stitch is wearing a little “knitted” scarf.  When on a purl row, your stitches look like those on the right; the stitch is wearing a pearl necklace. 

I will post a photo of mine when it is done, but in the meantime, above is one of Foodie’s lovely capelets…I adore the color.

Knit/Purl image from google.com images.

No comments: