Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Julia Child

Today is Julia Child’s 100th birthday.   I still chuckle when I watch her antics on TV…she was both respectful and irreverent.  Respectful to the food she prepared and to the viewers who faithfully watched her and irreverent to the idea that a cook had to be perfect…after all, “when you’re alone in your kitchen, who’s to know?”

She was sassy and smart….just the way a good cook ought to be.  I wish I had the opportunity to meet her, but, since I didn’t, I will happily settle for watching reruns of The French Chef and “Julie and Julia.”

 Anyway, enjoy this remix of this trailblazing icon to who taught us more (especially woman) than simply to cook!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ZrUI7RNfI

Photo of Julia from google images.

No comments: