Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rigatoni Swarthmuzzi

My girls and I occasionally go to Bertucci’s.

We let others come with us from time to time. 

There are several things we routinely order...like the Caprese Salad, Shrimp Rossini, an Appletini and the Rigatoni Abruzzi. I really like to recreate meals I enjoy when we eat out so I'll make meal recreation a weekly series this summer since my dinner group is taking a hiatus.

So, while driving home from work tonight I stop at Trader Joe's to get the ingredients to recreate the Rigatoni Abruzzi...Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, Tomato Basil Sauce, Roasted Red Peppers and rigatoni.

I almost died in the parking lot but that’s a different story.

While the pasta was boiling, I threw the sausage on the grill, then I sliced the peppers and added them to the sauce and let that simmer for a bit. When the sausage was grilled to perfection (not really, but, you know what I mean) I sliced them into bite size pieces. I drained the noodles, mixed every thing together and served with shaved parmesan cheese on top.

Easy as could be and so good! Just like at the Bertuccis...and two-thirds the calories per serving!

No comments: