Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sausage Scallopini

It was my turn to cook this past Tuesday and I made (my version of) Sausage Scallopini. This is a quick and easy dish packed with lots of peppers and onions…it reminds me of my grandmother.

First, I diagonally sliced and browned spicy Italian chicken sausage from Trader Joe’s. Then I cut three kinds of peppers – red, orange and yellow into strips and added them to the pan with a few cloves of garlic and sautéed for about 10 minutes, until the peppers softened a little. Next, I added sliced onions, and cooked the mixture for additional 8-10 minutes. I finished by adding a can of plum tomatoes, roughly diced, and simmered for another 10 minutes. I served this with brown rice and a yummy summer salad served in the lovely traveling salad bowl that Architect brought and a nice red wine that Foodie selected. I wanted to have the leftover Scallopini the next day, but daughter spotted it first!

Don’t you just love leftovers?

My Tuesday dinner mates and I have decided to mix things up a little this summer….instead of meeting at each other’s houses, we’ll decide on a spot, either locally or in downtown Philadelphia (we can take the train…very convenient), to have a quick bite, a cup of coffee, a scoop of gelato, or a refreshing summer cocktail…which brings me to a summer giveaway!

Every week in the summer, I plan to post the recipe for a refreshing beverage – sometimes it will involve spirits, sometimes not. Hopefully, you’ve already enjoyed the Lemon Drop Martini and Mojito recipe I posted. So, here’s the deal…if you are already a follower of KOPO, make a comment to this or any post through June 30th OR if you are not a follower, become a follower by June 30th and make a comment…either way you will be entered to win this handy-dandy “Recipe Cocktail Shaker” from the Martha Stewart Collection. This stainless steel shaker has a built in “dial a recipe” that includes the recipe ingredients, preparation method and serving suggestion….a great addition to any home bar!

Stay tuned!

No comments: