Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Cheddar Biscuits

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

I made these little lovlies for our weekly dinner gathering and they were a big hit! The savory of the herbs, creaminess of the cheese and zip of the mustard all combine nicely in this twist on a more traditional biscuit recipe.

I get a daily recipe update from Kraft Foods and I save those that are interesting....this made the "save as" list!

I don't think I mentioned that I am crossing the pond once again and heading to Ireland next week with my sister, brother and sister-in-law...a cast of characters indeed and we will have a blast!

Cheddar Biscuits

Ingredients
2 1/4 cup of baking mix (I used Bisquick)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp of fresh herbs (I used thyme and parsley because I had them on hand)
1/4 cup of sour cream
2 Tbsp of dijon mustard (I will use a little less next time)
1/3 cup of milk
1 egg, beaten
Fresh parsley leaves for embellishment

Directions
Heat oven to 425°.

Combine baking mix, cheese and herbs in a large bowl.

Mix sour cream and mustard in a small bowl and gradually stir in milk. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just moistened.

Place some baking mix on a dry surface and on your hands (to keep the dough from sticking) and plop the dough down, knead 10 times. Pat into a 1/2" thick circle.

Cut with a 2" biscuit cutter dusted with baking mix (I used a small glass) and then place the biscuits 2 inches apart on a baking sheet (I used my trusty and well-seasoned Pampered Chef stone). Brush lightly with the egg mixture, top each with a parsley leave, and brush again with the egg mixture. The egg gives each a beautiful sheen.

Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.

No comments: