Regular thyme will work just as nicely, or rosemary.
Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies
Ingredients1 cup of butter (I used Irish butter because Branson, the Irish Driver, now Sybil’s husband, is one of my favorite characters)
2 cups of flour
¾ cup of powdered sugar
½ teaspoon of sea salt
2 Tablespoons of chopped Lemon Thyme
- Cream the butter together with the powdered sugar using your hands.
- Add 1 cup of flour to the butter/sugar mixture and incorporate with your hands.
- Add the remaining flour, salt, lemon thyme and mix with your hand until a dough ball forms.
- Press the dough into an ungreased pan. I used my 10x15 Pampered Chef pan.
- Prick dough with fork throughout.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes.
- As soon as you take the shortbread out of the oven, cut into squares with a sharp knife.
- Leave in the pan for at least 30-45 minutes before removing with a small spatula.