Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Christmas Mantle

I wanted to share some holiday decoration ideas that I collected and archived in my merry memory over the years.
 
As I was browsing the fabulous Holiday Gift Shop at the Hotel DuPont I see a string of festive embellished white lights in the display case.  Not being shy and of course wanting to take a closer look, I ask the sales clerk about the twinkling little gems.   They are simply a string of white-wired lights with tulle tied around the wire in 3-4 inch intervals.  I took the idea a step further and added wire ribbon with a sparkly trim.  The wire in the ribbon gives the strand enough flexibility to arrange the lights in a non-linear way.

Pinterest has may similar ideas posted, some of which add pieces of lace.  That's a fancy look indeed!



Now having the embellished lights as my mantle inspiration, I spot this beastly beauty….

Isn’t he just the most handsome thing ever?!  Well maybe not ever, there is still George Clooney.

 
I purchased the lovely trees from the gift shop several years ago.

 
With my creativity now in full gear, I reclaimed a trash picked window as the backdrop for a glistening wreath that I purchased from who-knows-where many, many years ago.   

 
The holly berry candle, glass candle stands and the NOEL stocking holders are all from Target.

 
The candles are from Pier 1.

 

And finally, the stockings are Ballard Designs.

I am so pleased with the results but I really need to polish up those letters!  Happy decorating everyone!

No comments: