Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

“I Don’t Have Much of Anything in the Frig” Frittata.

As you know from past posts, dear readers, I am trying not to be wasteful. I can’t tell you how many times in the past few weeks I saw an adorable item and told myself that I just didn’t need it….except for shoes…it is still very difficult for me to walk away from shoes (notice the pun…I hope you chuckled) but I am getting better!

So considering that little soliloquy, I opened my refrigerator door this afternoon and pondered what to have for dinner….there wasn’t much of anything to work with (I am working on an event to be held this weekend and food shopping was not on the program – another pun – the past couple of days). Anyway, I made a “I don’t have much of anything in the frig” Frittata.

What I had on hand….about 8 cherry tomatoes, 1 ½ cups of arugula, a cup of mozzarella, one cup of leftover pasta (plain or with a sauce, it doesn’t matter), and two eggs. So, here’s what I did…

I sautéed the tomatoes in garlic and red pepper flakes, added the arugula and sautéed until wilted.

I placed the pasta, eggs and cheese in a bowl and added the tomato mixture.

After I incorporated the ingredients, I fried it in the same pan as the tomato mixture until the top was set and the sides were slightly brown. Then, in that very same oven-safe frying pan, I baked it for 10 minutes at 350°.

To serve, flip it onto a dish and enjoy! Quick, easy, delicious and best of all, no food wasted!

There has been some lovely knitted items donated for the auction….I will post some photos.

No comments: